Do you guys remember Eliane Cadieux featured on BLDGWLF back in 2011?
Well fast-forward to now and she’s the art director/graphic designer for Beside, a brand new magazine dedicated to fostering the flourishing community of outdoor enthusiasts across North America.
And they’re about to launch their 1st issue!
This new magazine was created to showcase the innovative curiosity, the responsible resourcefulness, and the adventurous triumphs of a new community of outdoor enthusiasts who are redefining the scope of this relationship. Be they surfers, canoers, fishermen, wildlife photographers, conservationists, entrepreneurs or farmers, they are all empowered and driven by nature, adventure and sustainability.
Beside is 116 pages of original content filled with essays, tales of adventure, practical guides, interview portraits and sublime photography.
The magazine will be published twice a year and produced both in English and French.
Collaborators – Issue #1:
- The wildlife protector Monsieur Pageau
- Fly-fishing tribe Hooké
- Activists Amy and Dave Freeman
- Essayists Robert Moor and Nicolas Langelier
- Adventurers and photographers Jeff Spackman and Alex Strohl
- Journalists and photographers Michael Barrus and Lise Ulrich
- LA-based editor Vivianne Lapointe
- Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard
- Start-ups like Hipcamp, Colter Co. and Getaway